Tuesday, 29 March 2011

TenFourFox browser

I'm a big fan of Firefox, I started using it around version 1. something and I've used it as my main browser ever since on both PC and Mac, it's highly configurable and can be locked down for security with plugins. Firefox have just launched v4 with 7 million downloads on Day 1, my problem is while it's supported on older operating systems like Windows XP it's not being supporting on Mac G4 PowerPC's or G4 Powerbooks....OK, so I'm still using a G4 Motorola laptop for my browsing and email but it still works and I see no reason to change it.

Then I found TenFourFox, basically this is Firefox 4 code in a PowerPC usable package, and so far, in the few days I've been using it I've found it's stable, a big improvement on Firefox 3.6 and fast, so if you're a Luddite like me and still using a PowerPC or Powerbook check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment